Thursday, June 3, 2010

HEADLINE: 2012 NOT THE END OF THE WORLD

I was awakened this morning by my very relived and happy 7-year old.
"MOM?!"
"Yes"
"Did you know that 2012 is not going to be the end of the world?"
"How do you know that?" 
"Because the calendar on Mary's phone goes all the way to 2099!"

You gotta love Emily.  All statements from her always begin the same way.
"Guess what?  Did you know?..."

This has been a great week, Mainly because Mary is at camp, but also because I have made significant progress cleaning my house.  In the 2 weeks I have been home I have cleaned 1 room.  I am very proud...  I was very proud, that is, until I talked to my mother in law.  It was around 8 am and I was sitting drinking a diet coke, watching TMZ like I do most mornings when Alice called to inform me that she had been up since 5, Walked, worked out at the gym with her husband, done 3 loads of clothes (and she actually puts her stuff in drawers and closets), made her bed, paid the bills and read her scriptures.  For those of you who doubt this, I have verified.  Trust me, no BS there.  She really does all that.  This is why I tend to give up easily.  There is no way, no matter how much training or humiliating experiences I endure, that I will every have it together like that.  But, in my defense, I can name all of the Kardashian sisters have been fully briefed on all must-have items for summer.  Take that Alice:)

No comments:

Post a Comment