Tuesday, October 12, 2010

THE PERFECT STORM

Have you seen that movie, The Perfect Storm?  It's based on a true story about a once-in-a-lifetime set of circumstances that led to an epoch disaster. 

I have a sequel. 
1.  Mid terms at school.
2.  NCIS marathon.
3.  My lack of mad housekeeping skills.
4.  Telling my kids to get all the crap off their floor and out of the closet and in the living room so I can sort it.
5.  The fact that I have to sort crap.
6.  Solitaire.
7.  I lost my mop...seriously.
8.  Tuesday is not only pajamas day, but is also bra optional.

You know, earlier today I started cleaning up, and then I realized that I couldn't find my mop.  I don't know what happened after that.  All I know for sure is that we were all sitting in the disastrous living room watching NCIS when the door bell rang.  The kids ran to get the door as I lunged to get out of sight.  Then I heard it.  It was grandma saying,  "I just came to get visual proof that my daughter in law is a lazy no talent failure who plays solitaire all day and doesn't do laundry."
Ok, she really didn't say anything like that.  She just wanted hugs from the grandkids, but I know the truth.  I fled.  I ran.  I hid.  Up til now, we have gotten a call mere seconds before an attack a visit.  Not today.  This visit was a skud.  One of those you don't see until it's too late. 

It gets worse.  There is something that I sometimes do, not often, but sometimes, called "pushing the litter box envelope."  You can use your imagination on that one.  It wasn't bad, but with Alice's ninja nose, I was pretty much screwed. 

I really don't quite have the rules down, or understand the points system in this game that I play with my mother-in-law.  She would deny any such game exsists. Some of you out there might even think that I am imagining the whole game thing, but I assure you, it exists and we are aparently playing dirty now, so I must soldier on and try to break even.  Today, my worthy opponent got a butt-load of points.

I was hiding in the shower when she left,so I didn't see her, but I know that where ever she is, she has the evil grin of victory on her face. 

Curses!

1 comment: