Thursday, July 22, 2010

DANCES WITH TWINKES

Alright.  It's a well know fact that I have struggled with my weight since I was 6 mo. old.  Yes, really, Dr. Heng put me on a diet when I was a baby.  There was never a chance for me.  I have struggled and dieted and exercised and listened to a whole lot of skinny people tell me how to eat healthy meals.  Blah blah blah.  For the last few years I have had a reprieve from this.  I had taken off weight and for the first time in years I didn't think about it every waking moment.  It was bliss.  Then I looked away for a moment, left my very active job, and stayed home eating chips and watching TV all day a little.  I realized I had put on a few pounds, but worse!  It has happened to the whole family!!! I am the fat whisperer.  Everyone who comes near me puts on at least 30 pounds.  So, about 2 weeks ago I started back on a program of say it with me: eating right and exercising.  I can't believe I am so out of shape.  Now the funny part.  Since I have been say it with me: eating right and exercising, I feel better.  Could it be that all this misery and depression could have stemmed from the Hobbit Diet?  Wow.  Now I just have to drag the kids along for the ride.  We are moving into a home 1 mile away from a huge park with tennis courts and a splash pad and equipment.  I can't wait.  Neither can the kids.  They can walk anywhere they want.  It is a great location.  We shut off the Devil Box (the tv) and the kid are getting out a lot more. 
I can do this.  I go get second breakfast now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment